We Need Your Votes!
The 2015 SxSW Voting Guide for Infographics and Data Visualization
It’s already time to start thinking about the 2015 SxSW Interactive Conference! This past year there were more than 15 fantastic sessions about infographics and data visualization, which I summarized in my recap post “The State of Infographics at SxSW 2014”. We’re planning for 2015 to be even bigger for the world of infographics, but we need your help!
Event proposals have all been submitted, and the next part of the process is public voting on the presentations and panels to help the SxSW committee choose which events to include in the schedule of events. All of you can vote on the proposals related to data visualization and infographics to help make sure they make it into the schedule. Please register on the SxSW PanelPicker site and cast your votes for all of them or just your favorites.
The voting period is August 11th - September 5th! There were over 3,000 proposals submitted this year, and the best proposals related to infographics and data visualization I could find are in the list below. However, I’m sure there are more. Please post links to any proposals I missed in the comments below. We need your votes, social shares and comments on the SxSW site to help convince the committee to include these sessions.
To make sure each of these are chosen we need you to:
First - Vote for each of your favorites
Second - Share on social using the buttons on the SxSW pages to increase the counters
Third - Comment on their relevancy to you personally, the committee will review the comments
- The Science of Infographics, Randy Krum
- Jumping the Shark: The Evolution of Infographics, Randy Krum, Cristin Moran, Jarred Romley, Brad Woodard
- Your Resume Isn’t Enough: Go Visual!, Jim Hopkinson, Randy Krum
- The Challenge of Teaching Data Visualization, Jon Schwabish, Cole Nussbaumer, Ben Shneiderman, Kaiser Fung
- Picturing Your Big Ideas, Nora Herting
- Why You Need a Business Story And How To Create It, David Sloly
- The Future of Infographics (Mentor Session), Brian Wallace
- Data Design: Where math and art collide, Trina Chiasson
- Visual Solutions To Your Social Media Hangover, Dan Roam, Jessica Gioglio, Ekaterina Walter
- In Data We Trust Blindly: The Data Literacy Crisis, Greg Hochmuth
- 100 yrs of data viz and we still use pie charts?, Andy Cotgreave
- Visualizing Data in the Army, Charles Driessnack
- Data Viz as Valium: How Visualization Tames Nerves, Emily Fuhrman
- This Is Your Brain on Visual Data, Sasha Pasulka
- Use visualization to Help You Think Thru Decisions, Angela Shen-Hsieh
- Evolution of Big Data Visualization at Facebook, Andy Kriebel, Bryan Brandow
- Elephant Camo: Getting Big Data to Blend In, Eric Swayne
- Mandatory Skill For the Future: Information Design, Jason Lankow
Help us make data visualization and infographics the best topic at SxSW 2015!