Randy's Appearances & Presentations
Randy is available for Speaking Engagements about data visualization, infographics and visual communication topics. Previously, Randy has presented to conferences, Mastermind groups, company meetings, government organizations, schools and MBA classes. If interested, send a note through the Contact page on InfoNewt.com to discuss your event.
Topics can include (but are not limited to) the following:
- The Science of Infographics (Why Infographics work)
- Marketing Infographics Online
- Corporate Infographics (internal designs using confidential data)
- Different infographic formats (static, interactive, video, animated, etc.)
- The Infographic Design Process
- Infographic Resumes
- Design Tips & Tactics to create great infographics
- Infographic design tools (software applications and online tools)
- The Infographic Release Strategy to maximize ROI (a proprietary InfoNewt strategy)
- Infographics and SEO
Comments and feedback:
- "There was a lot of great practical information. Thanks for a fantastic presentation!"
- "Best session of the day!"
- "Very informative. Not enough room for all who wanted to attend."
- "Awesome presentation"
- "Absolutely masterful."
- "Incredible! Proof that the presenter makes the difference."
- "Terrific info, terrific presentation, terrific speaker, terrific evening. One of the best speakers I have heard in a while, with so much to offer, well spoken and presented."
- "The speaker and his infographics were absolutely top notch!"
- "Great speech! Every page of the slides attracts attention. Thanks for introducing so many useful tools!"
- "Would be nice for Randy to help other presenters show their graphics this way!"
- "Great presentation! Randy generously shared his knowledge giving folks interesting perspectives and inspiration."
- "This presentation exceeded my expectations. I learned a lot that I can potentially apply to my work."
- "The students loved the presentation. Really opened their eyes to the power and usefulness of infographics."
- "Fantastic, practical advice with dozens of examples."
- "Clearly hit the right chord. I heard Randy's data quoted in many meetings after the presentation."
- Innovative Ways Companies Are Using Infographics, Association for Talent Development (ATD), Fort Worth Chapter, Hurst, TX, Jun 2015
- Social IMC, Medill School of Journalism, Northwestern University; Guest Lecturer Webinar, May 2015
- Cool Infographics: Data Visualization & Design, MSMR Annual Conference, Arlington, TX, Apr 2015
- Malofiej 23 Infographics World Summit Recap, DFW Data Visualization & Infographics Meetup, Apr 2015, SMU CAPE Dallas, TX
- Infographic Design Tools & Tips, Dallas User Experience Meetup, Mar 2015
- The Seven Deadly Sins of Infographics Design, Malofiej 23 Infographics World Summit, Pamplona, Spain, Mar 2015
- Social IMC, Medill School of Journalism, Northwestern University; Guest Lecturer Webinar, Jan 2015
- The Infographics & DataViz Design Process, DFW Data Visualization & Infographics Meetup, Jan 2015, SMU Plano, TX
- Social IMC, Medill School of Journalism, Northwestern University; Guest Lecturer Webinar, Nov 2014
- Innovative Ways Companies are Using Infographics, DFW Data Visualization & Infographics Meetup, Nov 2014
- Infographic Design Process and SEO Maximization, PDX Data Visualization Meetup, Portland, OR, Oct 2014
- Infographics & DIY Design Seminar, NPEA Annual Conference, Portland, OR, Oct 2014
- IVMG, Interagency Visual Media Group, Washington DC, Oct 2014
- NYU, Designing Data: Infographics, Guest Lecturer Webinar, Oct 2014
- Texas Assoc of State Systems for Computing and Communication. TASSCC Annual Conference, Houston, TX, August 2014
- Lunch & Learn presentation and book signing, Kansas City, KS, July 2014
- NYU, Designing Data: Infographics, Guest Lecturer Webinar, June 2014
- digihealth pulse Virtual Conference 2014 (DHPV 2014), A Matter of Life and Death: How to Make Health Data Understandable and Actionable, May 2014
- NYU, Designing Data: Infographics, Guest Lecturer Webinar, May 2014
- Social IMC, Medill School of Journalism, Northwestern University; Guest Lecturer Webinar, May 2014
- Infographics Workshop, Kaiser Permanente, Washington DC, May 2014
- Infographics Workshop, International Monetary Fund (IMF), Washington DC, April 2014
- National Library Week Webinar, Texas Department of State Health Services, April 2014
- The National Tropical Weather Conference, South Padre Island, April 2014
- SxSW Interactive 2014 Book Signing, Austin Convention Center, Austin, TX, March 2014
- SFIM@ (South Florida Interactive Marketing Association), Fort Lauderdale, FL, Feb 13, 2014
- Guest Lecturer, University of Miami, Alberto Cairo's Information Graphics class, CVJ331, Miami, FL, February 2014
- Washington DC Board of Trade, Morningstar Breakfast Series, Hooks Book Events, Washington DC, Feb 12, 2014
- Data Visualization DC Meetup, Washington DC, February 11, 2014
- Noblis, Tech Tuesdays Presentation, Hooks Book Events, Washington DC, February 11, 2014
- Congressional Budget Office (CBO), Washington DC, February 10, 2014
- Integrated Marketing Communications, Medill School of Journalism, Northwestern University; Guest Lecturer Webinar, November 12, 2013
- IVMG, Interagency Visual Media Group, Washington DC, October 17, 2013; [Event canceled due to government shutdown]
- E-Learning Symposium 2013, Austin, TX, June 2013
- Integrated Marketing Communications, Medill School of Journalism, Northwestern University; Guest Lecturer Webinar, May 2013
- INFORMS Business Analytics Conference 2013, San Antonio, TX, April 2013
- Guest Lecturer Webinar, February 2013, Queens University of Charlotte
- Integrated Marketing Communications, Medill School of Journalism, Northwestern University; Guest Lecturer Webinar, November 2012
- 3M, St. Paul, MN, Custom Presentation & Hand-On Workshop, October 2012
- Chicago Association of Direct Marketing (CADM), Webinar, September 2012
- Texas Department of Information Resources, Webinar, September 2012
- U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), Guest Speaker Series, McLean, VA, July 2012
- Integrated Marketing Communications, Medill School of Journalism, Northwestern University; Guest Lecturer Webinar, May 2012
- Integrated Marketing Communications, Medill School of Journalism, Northwestern University; Guest Lecturer Webinar, November 2011
Articles, Interviews & Guest Posts
Pro Tips to Track Results From Infographics, Huffington Post
Infographics Are Evolving into Many Formats, Huffington Post
The Key to Infographic Marketing: The Picture Superiority Effect, Huffington Post
5 Ways to Market Yourself Visually, Huffington Post
5 Great Online Tools for Creating Infographics, Huffington Post
False Visualizations: When Journalists Get Data Viz Wrong, Huffington Post
Breakthrough Business Strategies Radio, interviewed by Michele Price
Presence in Presentations: How to Successfully Communicate with Any Audience, Article by Kelleigh Whelan
How infographics can enhance the promotion of your published material, Wiley Exchanges blog
Marketing FAIL: Infographics Hidden Behind Registration Walls, Huffington Post
The State of Infographics at SxSW 2014, Huffington Post
Break Through the Content Clutter with Cool Infographics, Jeff Cohen, Social Media B2B
Infographics & Relevance: 3 Tips To Improve SEO Results, Vizion Interactive blog
A New Business Ethics Issue: Linkbait, Infographics and Truth, Anthony Birch, Teaching Business Ethics
3 Design Tips From an Infographic Pro, ShutterStock blog
8 Tips for Doing Data Visualization Right, Beth Schultz, All Analytics
Is Your Resume Hopelessly Out of Date?, The Art of Doing blog, Camille Sweeney and Josh Gosfield
Interviewed on Visual Loop, Tiago Veloso, Visualoop.com
10 Tips for Designing Infographics, San Fran Beat, San Francisco State University
Get Visual with Your Info: Advice on Illustrating Your Content, Content Marketing Today
Explaining Infographics, Advanced Photoshop Magazine, Issue 73
Keeping an eye out for cool infographics, Jonathon Berlin, Society for News Design (SND)