Search the Cool Infographics site
Strata Conference Discount Code
Twitter (Blog Posts Only)
Cool Infographic People (List)
From the Bookstore
Help Wanted: Cool Infographic Design Jobs
> Data Visualisation/Infographic Designer Wanted!
Position Title: Data Visualisation/Infographic Designer
Organisation: Mo Ibrahim Foundation
Location: Mayfair, London
Hours: Full time, fixed term 4 month contract (August 2013 – November 2013)
Salary: Pro-rata annual salary
The Mo Ibrahim Foundation was established in 2006 with a focus on the critical importance of leadership and governance in Africa. By providing tools to support advancements in leadership and governance, the Foundation aims to bring about meaningful change on the continent. One of these tools is the Ibrahim Forum. Established in 2010, the Ibrahim Forum is an annual high-level discussion forum tackling issues of critical importance to Africa. Data and research on Forum issues are compiled by the Foundation as the basis for informed and constructive debate.
The Foundation is looking to appoint a Designer with a strong background in data visualisation and infographic design. The position is based at the London headquarters, and the primary responsibility of the role will be to assist with the design, layout and publishing of the upcoming Ibrahim Forum publication.
For an example of a previous publication see:
The successful candidate will work with the Research Team, to also create clear and compelling print and digital collateral that may include brochures, flyers, infographics and large-scale publications. They will also be involved in the design of other research outputs, such as newsletters, blog posts etc., as required.
Candidates must be proficient in one or more of the Adobe Creative Suite (CS) tools, but also comfortable with using Word, Excel and PowerPoint to create charts and tables. Relationships with print suppliers and experience of basic online publishing techniques (for example Issuu) would also be advantageous.
• Lead on the design, layout and publishing of the Ibrahim Forum publication;
• Offer creative design solutions to translate data and non-numeric pieces of information into clean simple graphics that resonate with target audiences;
• Work collaboratively with the Research Team to agree on the most appropriate and impactful presentation;
• Run the project from brief to completion, implementing agreed designs on a tight timeline, and editing as required.
The ideal candidate will be:
• Flexible and adaptable with their timeline, working to tight deadlines, and sometimes changing things at short notice;
• Willing to assist with ad hoc Foundation design work, sometimes unrelated to the Ibrahim Forum, as required by colleagues;
• Able to work closely with the whole Research Team, specifically the 2013 Ibrahim Forum Programme Manager.
Experience and Qualifications
• Relevant design qualification;
• Demonstrated success and relevant work experience in print publication and data visualisation/infographic design;
• Fully literate in relevant design software, and MS Office programmes;
• Ability to work comfortably with numbers and interpret data;
• Interest in African governance and international development would be advantageous;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English language required, other United Nations languages desirable);
• Ability to prioritise and multi-task, with strong organisational skills and a detail orientated approach;
• Self-starter with proactive attitude, strong interpersonal skills and an ability to anticipate needs;
• Comfortable working as part of a team but also able to work well independently;
• Ability to have flexible working hours.
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5th July 2013.
A demonstrable portfolio of previous publications and data visualisations/infographics is required. Please include a CV and covering letter that incorporates current salary details.
June 17, 2013 |
Mo Ibrahim Foundation, London
Here is my online portfolio:
I am looking for a full-time opportunity outside my country India.
Please see if I fit into any of your requirement.
I have over 10 years of experience in the industry.
Thanks & regadrs
August 12, 2013 |
Post Your Reply
Enter your information below to post a reply to this thread.
(forget stored information)
Author Email (optional):
Author URL (optional):
All HTML will be escaped. Hyperlinks will be created for URLs automatically.
Notify me of follow-up comments via email.
Copyright © 2007-2013, Randy Krum. All rights reserved.