You can’t stop the signal…
Firefly has quickly become a cult classic, after it was cancelled by Fox in 2002, after airing only 11 episodes (out of order). Firefly was created by Joss Whedon who is best known for creating Buffy the Vampire Slayer and is set to direct and write The Avengers movie set for release in the summer of 2012. Firefly is a space western set in the 25th century where the renegade crew of the Serenity try to stay one step ahead of the long arm of the Alliance.
CarSort.com has put together a fun infographic with little known facts about Firefly and Serenity.
- Did you know that Neil Patrick Harris was turned down for the role of Simon
- Some people believe that Firefly was a rip off of an amine series called Outlaw Star
- Some of the sets were recycled from Power Rangers
- Zac Efron made his TV debut on Firefly…
Certainly not the best infographic design I’ve ever seen
- WAY too much text! This is really a text list with some images.
- No data visulizations for the body counts
- Should have included a visual size comparison of Serenity to the ISS or the Battlestar Galactica when either of them was mentioned
- No data sources listed. Where did these facts come from? Are they really true?
- No license listed on the infographic (Copyright or Creative Commons)?
But the infomation is cool, and I learned a few things I didn’t know. Joss, you can hit that red button any day now…
Thanks to Brenden for sending in the link!